“I don’t have to tell you I love you. I fed you pancakes.”
― Kathleen Flinn,
- 1/4 cup cookie butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, mix together cookie butter, egg, sugar, and melted butter.
- Add milk and whisk in until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and gently mix in until just incorporated.
- Place a saucepan over medium heat. Pour a small amount of oil or melted butter to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Using a tablespoon or other spoon, pour small dollops of batter onto the hot saucepan. Cook them on one side until bubbles begin to appear in the batter; this indicates that they are ready to be flipped. Continue cooking pancakes on other side until golden brown, about an additional 45-60 seconds. (Note: you may also make regular-sized 8-inch pancakes, but note that your cooking time will be longer for larger pancakes.)
- Serve pancake bites with fresh fruit, melted cookie butter, or syrup.