I combined two recipes to make a delicious corned beef brisket with petite fingerling potatoes and baby carrots in the Instant Pot.
Following either of these recipes is good enough, but combined, was a big hit for us!
This is how I combined the two recipes to make a winning corned beef recipe:
- Remove the corned beef from packaging, rinse and pat dry. I used a 1.5 lb portion.
- Cut all but a thin layer of fat off the corned beef, if necessary.
- Lay the corned beef in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Spread 1 chopped onion and spices over the meat. The spice packet comes with corned beef when you buy it at the market.
- Pour the (2 cups) chicken broth, (1 cup) beer, (2 tablespoons) molasses, 1/2 of an au jus packet over and around the beef. Lay a bay leaf on top.
- Seal the lid.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual on high for 90 minutes.
- Allow to natural release for 15 minutes. A natural release is when the Instant Pot automatically switches to Keep Warm and you do absolutely nothing to vent the pot.
- Remove to platter and allow to rest.
- While the meat rests, quickly add potatoes and carrots into the instant pot, seal the lid and set to manual high for 10 minutes. Quick release and serve with the corned beef.