I started with this recipe from Food & Wine, but I used a 5 cheese tortellini instead of spaghetti and I added roasted broccoli.
Here is my version:
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes (about 3), seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Kalamata or other black olives, pitted
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pound tortellini or 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Roasted Broccoli – how I make mine
How to Make It
In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the broccoli, tomatoes, olives, feta, capers, parsley, salt, and pepper.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the tortellini or spaghetti until just done, according to package instructions. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil over moderately low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the cooked pasta and the garlic oil to the tomato mixture and toss.