I know it is silly, but I do enjoy the food and beverage holidays. This is how I celebrated National Tequila Day!
I started my celebrations the evening before with this dip. It has always been one of my favorite go-to dips. All you need is sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, and a few spices. I was extra lucky because my friend had canned some salsa for me using vegetables from her garden.
For lunch, I enjoyed these french fries topped with white queso, diced jalapenos, sour cream and cilantro.
Finally, the main event was this deliciously spicy tequila lime chicken fettuccine.
Chicken Tequila FettucciniRecipe By:Behr“This dish is wonderfully different.”
- 1 (16 ounce) package fettuccine pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno peppers
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a medium saucepan, saute the cilantro, garlic and jalapeno pepper in 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the stock, tequila and lime juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until reduced to a paste-like consistency. Set aside.
- Pour soy sauce over the chicken and set aside for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, In a medium sized skillet, saute the onion and the red, green and yellow bell peppers with the remaining tablespoon of butter or margarine, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccini according to package directions.
- When the peppers have wilted, add the chicken and soy sauce. Toss and add the reserved tequila/lime paste and cream. Bring to a boil. Gently simmer until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick. Toss with well drained fettuccini and garnish with cilantro. Serve.ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2018 Allrecipes.com
Printed From Allrecipes.com 7/27/2018