I followed this recipe from Genius Kitchen, and instead of using chocolate chips, I used salted caramel chips. The salted caramel tasted fantastic with maple syrup.
CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES
PREP TIME: 5 mins TOTAL TIME: 15 mins SERVES: 12 YIELD: 12 Pancakes
ABOUT THIS RECIPE
” Eat while hot so the chocolate is all gooey!”
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat fry pan (griddle or skillet for Americans).
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix together wet ingredients and beat into dry mixture until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour or spoon batter into fry pan in desired quantity.
- Flip when top begins to bubble, then cook a minute more.