This is a really good recipe for a Mexican restaurant’s chicken soup. I served it several different ways throughout the week using different garnishes like sour cream or white queso. One evening I drained the juice off and used it for chicken nachos.
Original recipe here: Divas Can Cook – Authentic Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
Mexican Chicken Soup
Authentic Mexican Chicken Soup with loads of fresh ingredients. Very easy
to make and filling.
Author: Divas Can Cook
Recipe type: Soup
2 large chicken breast bone-in
1 cup carrots, diced
1 cup sweet corn
2-3 cups diced tomatoes
1 cup celery, diced
1 green bell pepper, seeded & diced
1-3 jalepenos (depending on how hot you like it)
1 cup red onion
2-3 cups white rice, cooked
fresh cilantro ( I use a lot)
4-5 cups chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Brush chicken with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 45-60 minutes.
4. Let chicken cool and then shred.
5. In a large pot, add diced vegetables, cooked rice, shredded chicken and chopped cilantro and enough
chicken broth to cover the ingredients.
6. Bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer just until carrots are slightly tender. You want the vegetables to
maintain a little bit of crunch.
7. Taste the soup and add fresh black pepper, salt and red pepper flakes if needed.
8. Place soup into a serving bowl and squeeze a lime wedge over the soup. Add a half diced avocado and
9. Serve and enjoy!
~TIPS~USE ONLY FRESH INGREDIENTS FOR THE FULL EFFECT. No cans or frozen.
Make sure that your broth is well seasoned and flavorful.Add more jalapeños and peppers for a spicy kick!
Refrigerate for 2 days or freeze.